Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesdays with Tuvol

School on Grand Turk is a lot like everywhere. You either love it, or you hate it. I hate it. It is too hot! Because of the hurricane last year, I go to class in a shipping container that has been renovated into a classroom. It is air conditioned, but it smells like feet.

The only thing good about school is that I do very well. This week I got a 90% on my math test. I was so happy that I showed up at the museum and banged on the door. The first thing I said was, “I got a 90% on my math test!”

My favorite thing this summer was the Children's Club at the museum. We went kayaking, and snorkeling, and took a bus ride up to North Wells to see the ruins of the Bermudian wells. I had never been kayaking before. It was kind of scary, but not nearly as scary as snorkeling. Believe it or not, I learned to swim this summer at Children's Club. I have been practicing at the pool in Margarittaville. Next year I will be ready.

But for now...SCHOOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment