Monday, July 19, 2010

Artist Just in Time

By Aliatte Michele

What a wonderful summer!

The Turks and Caicos National Museum Children's Club wanted to use local artist here on Grand Turk to help out with Children's Club this year. Our theme for this year was LOCAL ARTISTS, after all.

This week we are doing plein air water color painting. After the program started we found out all of the local artist that we thought about using were off island all summer.

But, luckily Shalomar Forbes who was a past Museum employee, came home from design school for the summer and she has dedicated four weeks to work at the Museum as a design intern.

The Museum Children's Club was fortunate enough to have her on board as a local Artist. This helps me out so much I can't believe it. I thought I was going to have to lead the painting class and I am no ARTIST!

No comments:

Post a Comment